THE Light is a church dedicated to the community. It is the teaching ministry of Pastor Reggie and Lady Esther Thomas.
The people at the Light
We are a group of people who care about you. We really mean that. At the Light our Number One focus is on you the individual, you the family and you the community. We care about the whole you and in making you whole. This we accomplish through Jesus Christ. When you walk into the doors of the Lighthouse, you will find:
- A non-judgmental atmosphere where people will respect you (because hey, nobody's perfect).
- A place for your infants, children and teenagers to go and learn
- Groups of people with likeminded interests
- Relevant teachings and an environment for learning and growing
- That it's not about religion and doctrine, but about relationships, both individually and with Christ.
Our Mission Statement
To Restore the Family and Rebuild Relationships, Equip, Empower and Encourage people to use their God given talents that they may bear fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge and grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Our Core Beliefs
- That we are saved by grace
- The Bible is the Inspired Word of God
- We believe in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit One God revealed in three persons; (Matthew 28:18,19).
- That Jesus died for the sins of mankind, He was crucified and raised on the 3rd day and now sits on His throne in heaven making intersession for us.
- In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- Water baptism by Immersion in water according to scripture (Matthew 3:15, 16 & Acts 8:26-38). A symbol of identification with Jesus Christ in His death, His burial, and His resurrection.
- Each person must believe for himself, be baptized for himself and answer to God for himself.
The Vision at The Light
- To help men and women understand their God given roles in the family (through the teaching/preaching of the uncompromising word of the Living God).
- Help provide a simple and practical plan for developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To develop the Body, Soul and Spiritual needs of the people.
- To encourage and build each other up (through small groups).